Instant Download with all chapters and Answers
*you will get solution manuals in PDF in best viewable format after buy*
Everyday Grammar Activity: Verb Tenses (page 392)
2. will be; will
Everyday Grammar Activity: Verb Forms (page 393)
1. worked OR have been working
2. will get
3. will have been
4. waited OR had been waiting
5. prepared OR is preparing
Everyday Grammar Activity: Verb Tenses (page 394)
1. My roommate Akbar is speaking to his family in Lebanon (present tense).
2. Dr. Smith performed surgery on his neighbor’s son last week (past tense).
3. Elias will meet with his counselor tomorrow morning to decide on what classes to
take next semester (future tense).
4. Marta is working on her math homework (present tense).
5. Parents love their children unconditionally (present tense).
Everyday Grammar Activity: More Verb Forms (page 395)
1. Leon has been waiting at the airport for the last two hours in order to catch his
next flight (present progressive).
2. All State College faculty have finished their grading for this semester (present
3. Aunt Shelley will be cooking the Thanksgiving dinner this year (future
4. Noor wants to go home to Morocco during Christmas vacation (simple).
5. The police were waiting behind the building to catch the thieves (past
Everyday Grammar Activity: Split Infinitives (page 396)
1. To argue forcefully to make a point is not a bad thing.
2. The couple decided to dance the night away gracefully.
3. In order to organize my closet better, I decided to throw away things I don’t use
4. The gardener was always ready to nurture the plants in his garden lovingly.
5. Doctors and nurses are taught to speak sympathetically to their patients.
6. The electrician had to repair the fault in the electrical circuit quickly.
7. Older citizens at the retirement home are encouraged to walk around the building
slowly for exercise.
8. The parents didn’t want their children to go to the movies yesterday evening.
9. The artist started to paint his portrait of Michelangelo very skillfully.
10. To be hungry always could be a sign of a hidden disease.