Instant Download with all chapters and Answers
*you will get test bank in PDF in best viewable format after buy*
Legal and ethical considerations in rehabilitation and health assessment
Field-based experiential assignments
1. Describe an ethical challenge you encountered or may anticipate based on your collaboration with
professionals from other disciplines. Describe how the challenge was resolved and may have been prevented.
2. Describe three laws specific to your practice. Consider any conflicts of interest between specific legal
provisions and ethical codes of professional associations.
3. Generate two ethical challenges in your work setting(s) and use the decision-making model to resolve the
challenge. Write out the steps.
1. Describe the primary goal of positive ethics and provide some examples.
2. With regard to positive ethics, discuss the primary responsibilities and obligations of all practitioners.
3. Cite the four general bioethical principles described by Beauchamp and Childress and discuss their relevance
to rehabilitation and health service providers.
4. List three or more additional ethical and professional resources that are specific to your discipline and
1. Professional ethics codes are based largely on
a. a vote of the membership
b. HIPAA privacy laws
c. share values
d. positive psychology
2. The primary goal of professional ethics codes is to
a. punish clinicians for inappropriate actions.
b. promote safety and client welfare.
c. clarify jurisdictional laws.
d. facilitate ethical research.
3. Positive ethics are consistent with the
a. active promotion of exemplary behavior
b. identification of ethical misconduct
c. development of risk management protocols
d. passive adherence to ethical ideals
4. In the context of principle-based ethics, Beauchamp and Childress (2001) identified all but one of the
following four core ethical principles. They do not include
5. The maintenance of ethical competence requires an ongoing commitment to increase one’s (1) understanding
of ethical and legal issues encountered in rehabilitation and health assessment, (2) familiarity with the
application of an ethical decision-making model, (3) appreciation of the multiple resources that can aid in
ethical decision-making, and which of the following?
a. personal investment in pursuing the highest ethical ideals
b. ability to memorize the ethical standards of one’s profession
c. knowledge of cultural factors that affect assessment
d. HIPAA compliance procedures