Instant Download with all chapters and Answers
*you will get test bank in PDF in best viewable format after buy*
Chapter 2 (Ancient Near Eastern Art)
1. Sumerian sculptural stylistic conventions include
a. enlarged eyes.
b. stylized hair.
c. the larger figure represents a god or king.
d. all of the above.
Answer: d. (p. 25)
2. The ________ of Hammurabi is inscribed into the stele of Hammurabi.
b. religious beliefs
c. law code
Answer: c. (p. 34)
3. Hieratic scale means _______.
a. the least important figures are largest
b. all figures are the same size regardless of importance
c. naturalistic depictions of all figures
d. relative size indicates relative importance
Answer: d. (p. 28)
4. Nomad’s gear is associated with _________.
a. a funerary ritual
b. a pyramidal structure with a temple or shrine on top
c. an initiation or fertility ritual
d. early Nomadic tribes
Answer: d. (p. 41)
5. The silver bowl showing Peroz I or Kavad I hunting rams (2.33) is made out of
Answer: a. (p. 46)
6. Which of the following Roman scenes was used in the relief sculpture Shapur I
Triumphing over the Roman Emperors Philip the Arab and Valerian (2.31)?
a. An emperor on horseback addressing his troops.
c. The “barbarian” on horseback with the victor riding beside him.
b. The victor on horseback with the defeated “barbarian” kneeling in
d. A Roman wedding ceremony.
Answer: b. (p. 45)
7. The first written language is known as _________.
a. Linear B
Answer: c. (p. 21)
8. Gudea is often depicted wearing a ________, as depicted in the Head of Gudea
a. thick woolen cap
b. gold ring
c. tall conical hat
d. long woolen cloak
Answer: a. (p. 33)
9. The citadel on which the temple and palace were located in Dur Sharrukin (2.17)
a. the king’s illustrious ancestors
b. the king’s power
c. the king’s benevolence
d. the king’s elevated status
Answer: d. (pp. 35-6)
10. One of the most powerful visual symbols of Darius I’s kingship was his
_______at Persepolis (2.26).
a. bath house
c. funerary temple
Answer: b. (p. 42)
11. The Achaemenid rhyton (2.27) was used as a ceremonial _______. plate
Answer: b. (p. 42)
12. The Stele of Naram-Sin (2.12) commemorates Naram-Sin’s_________.
b. law code
d. military victory
Answer: d. (p. 30)
13. According to the text, the Head of an Akkadian Ruler (2.11) might be ________.
c. Nebuchadnezzar II
d. Darius I
Answer: b. (p. 30)
14. The Great Ziggurat of Ur (2.13) was dedicated to the ______god, Nanna.
Answer: a. (p. 32)
15. The Palace of Darius and Xerxes (2.26) royal was burned by _________.
c. Alexander the Great