Instant Download with all chapters and Answers
*you will get test bank in PDF in best viewable format after buy*
Collaboration and the Team Approach
Multiple Choice Questions
- Every prereferral team should include at the minimum
- a school nurse.
- a district-level administrator.
- general and special teachers.
- a school psychologist.
- Which of the following professionals is most likely to refer a student for special education assessment?
- general education teacher
- special education teacher
- The written individual educational plan for each student should be formally reviewed at least a. monthly.
b. each quarter.
- Inclusion teams are responsible for assuring that each student receives services in the
- resource program.
- least restrictive environment.
- individualized instructional program.
- general education class for at least some portion of the day.
- The most restrictive of educational environments in which the student still receives instruction on the general education campus is
- the general education class.
- the full-time special class.
- the special class and general education class.
- the special school.
- The most restrictive of all educational placement options is the
- residential program.
- special school.
- special class.
- resource room.
- The IEP team does each of the following except?
- reviews assessment results.
- identifies and selects appropriate annual goals and objectives.
- designates the appropriate placement in the LRE.
- implements services
- Response to Intervention does each of the following except?
- is a process intended to help educators maximize student achievement through early identification of learning or behavioral difficulties.
- provides information about how a child responds to evidence-based interventions and other supports enabling teachers to adjust their instruction to best meet the needs of their students.
- combines several key components, one of which is different levels or tiers of support for students with different levels of need.
- identifies a student for special education.
- According to IDEA 2004, each of the following are important terms appearing in special education law except:
- a statement in the IEP of needed transition services beginning at age 16 (transition services).
- the identification of unserved students in need of special education (child find).
- the ability to choose who receives an education (reject principle)
- the use of technically sound assessment instruments and materials (nondiscriminatory assessment).
- Teams serving students with special needs are typically composed of each of the following except:
- general education and special education teachers.
- school administrators.
- IEPs typically include information about each except?
- the student’s outward characteristics.
- necessary special services and placement.
- the student’s most recent report card progress.
- the student’s daily schedule.
- Itinerant teachers
- work only half-days.
- are also called resource specialists.
- travel from school to school.
- provide in-class supports for students with disabilities
- Providing additional instruction, reducing the number of items to complete, and grouping students with similar needs for instruction are all examples of
- instructional accommodations.
- management accommodations.
- environmental accommodations.
- personnel accommodations.
- Who is not responsible for implementing the IEP?
- the general education teacher
- the parent
- the special education teacher
- the related services personnel
- The goal of the various teams servicing students with special needs is to:
- remove students with special needs from the general education class.
- ensure that students are provided an appropriate education based on individual abilities and needs.
- meet to develop an IEP.
- add more paperwork to the teacher’s repertoire
- Programs for infants and preschoolers with disabilities include which of the following?
- later identification and resolution of problems children have
- coordinated efforts to prohibit transition of the young children from early childhood to school programs.
- Individualized Education Plans
- Individualized Family Services Plans
- Classroom modifications can consist of each of the following except which one?
- curricular adaptations
- instructional adaptations
- environmental adaptations
- personal adaptations
- Describe the types of teaming found at each school level (early childhood, elementary school, middle school and high school).
- Who is mandated to be part of the IEP team and who is voluntary? Describe each role in its entirety.
- Compare the difference between classroom accommodations and modifications.
Chapter 2 – ANSWER KEY
COLLABORATION AND THE TEAM APPROACH
|MULTIPLE CHOICE||ESSAY QUESTIONS|
3. d 4. b
|Answers will vary but should mention IFSP, IEP, transition, and pre-referral
Parents, teacher (special and general education), assessment specialist, specialists, administrator;
Answers will vary